Join us on May 1 for our day of action as we hit the streets of Raleigh in our sea of red. We will march for our students, our schools and communities as we advocate to make each of those better for the people of North Carolina! Register to attend the May 1 Day of Action!
There are many other issues we need to fight for! We would love to see you in Raleigh with your sign about what you are advocating for.
We will also be having a march in Asheville on May 1. More information TBA!
If you would like to ride the bus with us please fill out this form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/191w8sm5p8NJ7jNQnKzDNdjWlsHQwcVVf4R9AIhsivI4/edit
· Provide enough school librarians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurses, and other health professionals to meet national professional-to-student standards;
· Provide $15 minimum wage for all school personnel, 5% raise for all ESPs (non-certified staff), teachers, administrators, and a 5% cost of living adjustment for retirees;
· Expand Medicaid to improve the health of our students and families;
· Reinstate state retiree health benefits eliminated by the General Assembly in 2017;
· Restore advanced degree compensation stripped by the General Assembly in 2013.
· All items on the NCAE Legislative Agenda Priorities list (attached)
Find out more about who we are as an association, who your Board Members are, your school ARs, and more!
BCAE and NCAE advocate for members and students to enhance the education profession and advance public education. We work to make education stronger in North Carolina!
Click here for more information about upcoming events!
There are many more ways to use your NCAE membership and save money on your everyday purchases, travel, and more. Don't let these benefits go to waste. Click the link below to find out!